job location:Philadelphia, PA, USA
job country:United States
Quantitative Research Analyst
Data Talent are working with a multi-billion dollar Hedge Fund, based in Philadelphia who are looking to hire highly driven, production-oriented researchers who possess strong technical skills and a thorough understanding of economics and finance, along with the necessary combination of creativity, resourcefulness, pragmatism and attention to detail to develop successful automated trading strategies.
- Utilize your analytical skills, market knowledge and intuition to develop and implement statistical trading models.
- Participate in all aspects of research and trading model development, including generating research ideas, building data sets, conducting statistical data analysis and implementing quantitative production trading models.
- A degree in economics or finance, with extensive coursework in quantitative disciplines or a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, econometrics, mathematics, engineering, physics or computer science) with extensive coursework in economics or finance.
- Programming experience, ideally including R, C++ and/or Python.
- Strong working knowledge of regression, time series analysis and other statistical techniques.
- Experience building, organizing and analyzing large data sets is preferred.
- The ability to comprehend and synthesize academic literature in finance, economics and statistics.
- Strong financial market interest, knowledge and experience are preferred.
- The ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex concepts.
To apply, please send across your resume and details in the contact box to the right, or alternatively get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org